All parents and guardians of children attending P.S. 29 are automatically members of the The Parents and Teachers Association of P.S. 29 (PTA), as are all teachers in the school. The PTA’s mission is to:
- Raise funds for and implement a wide variety of educational and cultural programs for the students
- Promote good home-school relations and help parents understand the school programs
- Centralize and disseminate information of potential interest to parents and teachers
- Consolidate parental opinion and provide it to the school administration, to teachers, to community officials, and the community at large
- Cooperate in school-neighborhood projects for community improvement
PTA membership meets once a month in the auditorium. Childcare and pizza for P.S. 29 children are always provided. Dates are listed on the PTA MEETINGS page.
Co-Presidents: Allison Leale and Karin Ezbiansky Pavese
Co-Treasurers: Jennifer Rhodes and Allison French
Co-Secretaries : Ariana Martuscello and Jami Belasky
Co-VPs – Communication: Sigourney Toll and Myeong Park
Co-VPs – Fundraising: Ellen Lafferty and Shannon Lorraine
Director – Technology: Hans Van de Weerd
Director – Volunteers & Membership: Elizabeth Dore
Director – Afterschool program: Nick Houselog
The board of directors can be reached at email@example.com.
With national, state and city education budgets being reduced year after year, your help is needed. Each year, class sizes grow larger and more programs are cut. At PS29, we are all united by our deep commitment to providing the best possible education to our children. This includes not only excellent core learning, but also a wide range of enrichment programs that help enhance education, encourage creativity and expand young minds.
- PROGRAM SUPPORT to keep the student-to-teacher ratio as small as possible. This line item looks one year ahead and is paid out in June for the next fiscal year.
- ARTS, MUSIC & THEATER ENRICHMENT through collaborations with partners like BAM and Brooklyn Queens Conservatory.
- PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT to ensure our teachers have the best knowledge and latest teaching techniques to provide our kids with great learning experiences.
- READING, MATH & SCIENCE ENRICHMENT such as the garden program and chess.
- SUPPLIES & ADMINISTRATIVE SUPPORT for essential supplies, Wellness in the Schools program, funding to help support Related Services.
Covering more than $600 per child in program expenses requires a lot of fundraising! Only a portion comes from direct donations – the balance is generated through activities and events that incur expenses and require thousands of volunteer hours. To achieve the net income goal of more than $600 per child, we actually need to raise more than $1000 per child to cover the promised programs next year.
Our school is home to a diverse group of students and families. Contributions of time and money can be large or small, often or once in a while. Every dollar and every volunteer hour helps protect the programs our children currently enjoy. Please do what you can!
- APPEAL & DONATIONS are the most effective way to raise money. 100% of direct donations–no expenses and no volunteer hours! Every dollar counts, and no contribution is too small. Please give as generously as you can. Donate Online.
- AFTER SCHOOL PROGRAM provides a safe, fun environment for our kids, a service for our families and a modest profit to help fund programs. To keep costs low, it is overseen by a steering committee of parent volunteers who research best practices, identify future enhancements, guide policy and staffing decisions, and assist with operations.
- ACTIVITIES & EVENTS include community-building events like Super Science Saturday and the PS 29 Carnival, fundraising events like the Gala & Auction and Parents’ Night Out, as well as merchandise sales and revenue sharing opportunities. Volunteers are needed see Event Schedule and Volunteer and Committees to help with one of these exciting activities.
DONATE. VOLUNTEER. PARTICIPATE. Your involvement is more important than ever. Consider attending PTA meetings, being a class parent, volunteering to help with events, helping to raise and/or contribute money, or volunteering your skills and talents within a Committee. Check out the Volunteer page.
The PTA was incorporated in 1985 and gained recognition as a tax-exempt organization under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code in 1987. The formal name of the PTA is the Parents and Teachers Association of P.S. 29, Inc.