Kindergarten Pre Registration for Families Who Received a Placement Letter for PS 29
Kindergarten offer letters for the 2017-2018 school year were sent the week of March 6 to families who applied by the January 13 deadline. To accept your offer you must make an appointment to pre-register in person at PS 29 by April 7. All families MUST pre-register, including those who are currently attending Pre-K at PS 29. There is no automatic pass from Pre-K to Kindergarten, you must still come in to pre-register your child to Kindergarten.
Make Your Appointment
Please click here to make an appointment. ALL families must make an appointment to register, we can’t register families who do not have an appointment.
This registration is ONLY for families who have received a placement offer at PS 29 from the DOE. Please make sure to bring all documents on the list below. Your child does not have to be present if you are a current Pre-K family.
Thanks for your understanding in following these guidelines, this will help in averting long wait times.
You MUST bring the following documents to your registration. Families with incomplete documentation WILL NOT be pre-registered.
- The placement letter you received from the DOE.
- * Proof of residence.Any TWO of the following documents:
- * A residential CURRENT, UNPAID gas bill in the resident’s name; dated within the past 30 days
- * A residential CURRENT, UNPAID electric bill in the resident’s name; dated within the past 30 days
- * An ORIGINAL lease agreement, deed or mortgage statement for the residence
- * A water bill for the residence, dated within the past 60 days
- * Official payroll documentation from an employer—for example, a 2015 W2 income tax form from an employer – (NOT a letter on employer’s letterhead)
- * Documentation on letterhead from a federal, state or local government agency, including the Internal Revenue Service (IRS), City Housing Authority (CHA), Human Resources Administration (HRA), Administration for Children’s Services (ACS), that indicates the resident’s name and address—dated within the past 60 days
You must also bring:
- * Child’s original birth certificate or passport
- * Child’s immunization records and if available the most current physical exam from your child’s physician.
- * Child’s Previous School Records (if available)
- * Child’s Individualized Education Program (IEP) and/or 504 Accommodation Plan (if applicable and available)
- * Your Child